5 Ways to Save Money on Cannabis
At a time when people are struggling to make ends meet, cannabis can sometimes become quite an expense. For those using cannabis as a critical part of their healthcare or wellness routine, it’s not as simple as just cutting back for a while. We have some cost-saving tips to help you save green on your green bud purchases!
Don’t miss great deals
1) Sign up for notifications. Whether it’s text alerts, emails or social media notifications, if you’re looking to save money on cannabis, taking advantage of specials is a great start. Many deals are limited in quantity, so act fast to score savings.
Take advantage of social media specials
2) Follow your local dispensaries on social media. Not every dispensary is listed in the paid directory WeedMaps, but all of them list their specials on social media! Whether it’s Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, like and follow to get up-to-date information on coming events or daily deals.
Shop online to avoid impulse check out purchases
3) Shop online. Impulse buying can lead to spending more than you wanted to on exotic sounding cannabis strains, delicious edibles, amber oils or whatever else catches your eye. Take advantage of online specials and place your order through a website when possible. You can pick up your purchase and make a quick exit before anything else lands at the register!
Make your weed last with proper storage
4) Make it last. Properly storing your cannabis is the key to getting the most out of your purchase. Always store cannabis and cannabis products in clean, airtight containers to prevent the loss of precious cannabinoids and terpenes. Transfer large cannabis purchases to airtight glass jars and store in a cool, dry place. Never place dried cannabis in direct sunlight! Dried out cannabis burns faster and you’ll go through your bag faster.
Don’t be a weed snob
5) Be open minded. Cannabis is one of those things people assume is better based on a higher price, however there are many factors behind cannabis prices. Smell and appearance are two main considerations, not necessarily potency. Give some lower price strains a try, while they may not be as beautiful, you might be surprised at the quality of your buzz.