Recipes: Cannabis-Infused Pumpkin Spice Ginger Cookies
These delicious cannabis-infused cookies are like taking a bite right out of fall. Pumpkin spice, ginger and nuts make these edibles a stand out from the usual weed cookies. Be careful with your dosing, we doubt you’ll be able to eat just one! With the addition of canna-butter, you’re in control of how potent these autumn cookies are.
Cannabis-Infused Pumpkin Spice Ginger Cookies
Makes about 2 dozen
• 6 Tbsp butter, room temperature
• 2 Tbsp cannabis-infused butter, room temperature
• 1 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling the cookies
• 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
• 1/4 cup of molasses
• 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
• 2 tsp baking soda
• 2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp ground ginger
• 1 tsp ground cloves
• 1/4 tsp finely ground black peppercorn
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
• 1/3 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
• 1/3 cup butterscotch chips, optional
1. In a large bowl, beat the both butters and sugar together until smooth. Add the pumpkin puree, molasses, egg, vanilla extract, and beat until well combined.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, all spices, and salt. Add dry ingredients and freshly grated ginger to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
3. With a spatula, gently fold in chopped hazelnuts and butterscotch chips until incorporated. Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
4. To bake: Preheat oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper. Place sugar in a small bowl. Roll 2 tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball and coat in a thin layer of sugar. Place on prepared baking sheet, about 1.5 inches apart. Bake for 10–12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Originally posted November 29, 2019 on Sousweed.com
About the Author
Monica Lo is a photographer and creative director working to change public perception of cannabis users. Monica is the creator of Sous Weed® and recipe contributor at KQED Bay Area Bites.
Visit SousWeed.com for more amazing cannabis-infused recipes and CBD edibles!
Love cooking with cannabis? We have recipes!
Learn how to make weed-infused honey here.
Leftover shake and stems? Turn it into weed stem tea!