Halloween Cannabis Edibles: Creepy Finger Cookie Recipe
Looking for delicious Halloween cannabis edible recipes? These creepy finger cookies are perfect for your adults-only holiday. These weed cookies are made with cannabis-infused butter so you control the potency. The delicate almond taste works perfectly with chocolate hazelnut spread, jam, or colored icing. Plus, they’re easy to make and super cute (in a spooky way).
Need to know how to make cannabutter? Check out this link.
- 1 teaspoon red and/or green food coloring
- 30 whole blanched almonds
- 2 large eggs large
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup cannabis infused butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-2 tablespoons Nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread optional
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 large baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Place food coloring in a small bowl. Use a paintbrush to color one side of each almond. Set aside to dry.
- Separate 1 egg, set white aside. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining egg yolk and egg along with the almond extract. Set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to beat together the canna-butter, confectioner’s and granulated sugars until well combined and fluffy.
- Beat in egg mixture until well combined.
- Mix in salt and flour until just combined. Dough will be soft. Dive two into two pieces, place each dough on a piece of plastic wrap, flatten into a disc, wrap and chill for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Divide each dough into 15 pieces. Roll each into a finger shape – makes these thinner than you think you need them to be as the dough will expand when baking. Pinch dough in two places to form the knuckles and score each knuckle lightly with a knife. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Brush cookies lightly with egg white. Press an almond “fingernail” into the end of each cookie.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sometimes the almonds have trouble sticking to the cookie. A little dab of Nutella quickly fixes this. I like to use Nutella anyway, both for its flavor and also because it makes the fingers looked “dirty” which adds to the creepy effect.
Originally published October 15, 2015 by Cheri Sicard on www.cannabischeri.com.
Cannabis Cheri is a leader in delicious cannabis edible recipes and important info perfect for new cannabis users!
Check out her collection of Marjiuana Pumpkin Spice Recipes here!
Yearning to learn more about weed? Cannabis Cheri has online courses too. Find them here.
Love cannabis edibles recipes? We’ve got ’em!
Start your morning off right with cannabis jam recipes.
Learn how to make weed gummy bears here.