How to Make Weed Gummy Bears
Some of the most popular cannabis edibles out there are weed gummy bears. This is because of the simplicity of the recipe and how quickly they can be made.
If you’ve ever wondered how to make cannabis edibles, but don’t know where to start, you’ve come to the right place. This article is going to cover every aspect of making weed gummy bears.
This recipe is going to require around 40 – 55 minutes.
What You’re Going to Need
Before we get into the ingredients and directions, we’re going to need a few things:
- Cooking Pot
- Plain unflavored gelatine
- 1 pack of flavoured gelatin/jello mix (85g)
- 1/2 teaspoon sunflower/ soy lecithin (Optional)
- Gummy bear mould
- Cannabis-infused coconut oil CBD or THC (coconut oil, solid at room temperature)
We use organic coconut oil when we make our infusion. Here’s a link to the refined coconut oil that we use.
If you don’t have cannabis-infused coconut oil, we have a comprehensive guide to making it here.
- Turn your stove on low heat. In a pot, add water, the cannabis-infused coconut oil, and the sunflower/soy lecithin.
- Continue stirring the mixture until it has a consistent texture and the coconut oil has completely melted. Now, add in the flavoured gelatin and the unflavoured gelatin while continuing to stir throughout this process.
- Whisk extensively on low heat for 10-15 minutes until the gelatine is completely dissolved. Make sure it does not come to a boil. But, you need to make sure that all the ingredients are thoroughly combined. (Don’t stop stirring this mixture for the entire 15 minutes)
- While leaving the pot on the element, start filling up the gummy bear moulds with a dropper (a dropper is a mini turkey baster that comes with most gummy bear moulds). Make sure to move quickly. If your liquid starts to separate, it’s because the mixture has started to cool. It’s critical that you move fast otherwise the oil may separate in the pot. You need to continue whisking throughout the pouring process otherwise the mixture may start to harden and stop binding. (The secret to making great infused gummy bears is pouring the mixture into the moulds as fast as possible.)
- Put the gummy bear moulds into the freezer for 20-25 minutes. (Pro tip: lift the mould 2 inches off the table and drop it. This will let the mixture fill any air pockets.)
- Bon Appetite!
Optional: add a 3/4 tsp of citric acid into the mixture, use lemonade instead of water, and once the gummies come out of the freezer coat them in sugar. If you’re using potent cannabis oil, this should help with the taste.Store in the refrigerator for best results.
Originally posted May 13, 2019 by Ryan on The Canna School website.
Love this recipe for weed gummy bears? Check out The Canna School’s killer cannabis cookbook with more than 130 delicious edibles recipes!
Get more Cooking with Cannabis! Check out this recipe for a potent Green Dragon Tincture!
Try this recipe for beautiful and delicious Weed Galaxy Brownies!
Looking for a great vegan pot brownie recipe? We’ve got it!