Make It: Cannabis Candied Bacon Recipe
You probably thought it impossible to improve on traditional bacon, but here comes a cannabis candied bacon recipe! Bacon fat makes a great binder for the THC in weed. Eat cannabis-infused bacon on its own or use it in an array of dishes. Sprinkle it on salads, top your burger, wrap some shrimp – what you do with it is up to you. The best part of this recipe is that the leftover infused bacon fat can be reused. Cook up some collard greens, add it to fried rice, or fry a grilled cheese sandwich!
Step one: Decarb Your Weed
In order to activate the THC in marijuana, weed must be exposed to heat. Before you begin the cannabis candied bacon recipe, grind your cannabis and decarboxylate it in the oven at low temperature. You can get the exact details here.
Step Two: Create the Seasoning Mix
Once your cannabis is ready, mix it with the brown sugar and other spices to create a spice mix. Feel free to experiment with the chili powder and cayenne to get just the right amount of heat.
Step Three: Coat the Bacon
Coat both sides of the bacon before adding it to a cookie sheet or baking pan, or coat the top side and save half your spice mix until you flip the bacon at the halfway mark.
Step Four: Bake and Enjoy
Bake your bacon until both sides are deep brown and take on a caramelized appearance. Remove and cool. Don’t forget to save that cannabis infused bacon grease!
Cannabis Candied Bacon Recipe
- Baking sheet
- 12 slices thick cut bacon
- ⅓ cup brown sugar packed
- 1½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 gram ground decarboxylated cannabis
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Mix the brown sugar, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and decarboxylated cannabis in a bowl.
- Spread the bacon strips on the baking sheet and evenly coat both sides with the brown sugar mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the bacon appears to be caramelized and somewhat crispy, flipping halfway through. Serve immediately.
Check out Lauren’s website for more incredible and delicious cannabis-infused recipes!
Love cannabis recipes? Check out this Weed Stem Tea recipe that uses up leftover stems and shake!
If edibles are your thing, get this weed gummy bear recipe!