Stoner Snacks: Homemade Pizza Rolls recipe
Sometimes I think there isn’t any problem that pizza can’t solve. One thing is for sure, homemade pizza is the solution to any afternoon stoner snack needs you may have. You could buy cheap, cardboard-flavored pizza rolls at the supermarket, or you could use this homemade pizza rolls recipe to whip up custom snacks for your gaming session, watching TV, or hanging out with your bae.
If you’re motivated and have the ingredients on hand, go ahead and make your own pizza dough. Or, if you know what’s what, pick up a few packs of pre-made dough at Trader Joe’s or the grocery and save yourself time and trouble. Toss a bag or two in your freezer and you can make these tasty pizza rolls anytime you want.
Make them your own
Pepperoni is a classic, but feel free to add your favorite toppings to create your perfect pizza rolls.
Spicy Hawaiian (pepperoni + pineapple)
Supreme (sausage, pepperoni, green pepper, onion, olive)
BBQ Chicken (bbq chicken, bbq sauce, crispy bacon)
Veggie (spinach, mushroom, tomato)
The trick is portion control. Don’t pack your pizza rolls with too many or too large toppings. Finely dice vegetables and meats and apply a thin layer before you roll for best results.
Homemade pizza rolls recipe
- 14-16 ounces Pizza Dough
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll pizza dough into a rectangle about 10 X 14 inches. Sprinkle dough with pepperoni and mozzarella.
- Starting with the long end, roll up dough tightly. Slice into 1-inch pieces. Place rolls on lightly greased or parchment baking sheets.
- For the glaze: In a small bowl combine the melted butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasonings. Brush over rolls.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until browned on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
Originally published May 2, 2018 on The Girl Who Ate Everything
The Girl Who Ate Everything is a place filled with family friendly recipes that can be made in a short amount of time. Christy Denney’s blog has loads of easy recipes and one-pot meals that anyone can make! Be sure to check out her section on yummy keto recipes!
Looking for more easy stoner snack recipes? Try the tastiest rice crispy treat ever!
Make your own ice cream combos at home with easy mason jar ice cream recipes.